The Dior Rose:
- Template- cut three oval/football shapes that have points at the end. They should be one smaller than the other. My first one is 7.5" x 5.5" then each other is smaller than that. (click here for the patterns.)
- Make sure to put the templates on the true bias.
- Cut out three of each size.
- Fold in half and sew two rows of gathering stitches along the raw edges. (about 1/4" and 1/8")
- Begin gathering the pieces, smallest first as you roll it into a bud, and move to the next two, medium, than large.
- Using a needle and thread, sew the center of the small bud and pull up other sizes around the bud as you stitch in place and whipstitch.
- Three petals make one rose.
- Finish off with a circle along the bottom.