Creating the prized t-shirt. This is my favorite make of all comfort makes. But today I just didn't have enough fabrics for the full collar affect so I just folded out whatever amount necessary for it to fit on the fabric I did have available.
That was a sum total of three inches I will not be enjoying. Thus, I needed to make a complimentary contrasting piece for the main collar piece. No problem. Black it is for this make. That should be a great addition to the wardrobe.Of course the black is a rayon knit in a comparable quality and weight. So this should wear quite nicely. The dotted fabric is a mid weight rayon jersey with beautiful drape from FabricDepot in Portland and the black is a Donna Karen rayon jersey from NYC I got on the Peggy Sagers fabric shopping trip last year.
Oh did I mention the measurements of the pattern? I'm cutting the size 14. They measure at the bust 39.5, waist 35.5, and hips 41.5. I cut the hip at 16 and I'm good with the negative ease of the bust and the looseness of the waist. Very comfortable indeed. I also liked the idea of installing the sleeves flat.
That really worked great. And for the neckline. Well I missed the boat on that one and did it backwards. I ended up with the stitched seam to the public side this I had to encase it into a seam that made it look like a bound seam.
It actually looks pretty nice. So much for following directions. They were extremely easy for beginners but not so much for advanced folks since we tend to have a hard time sticking to the script. Here is a random video I did of all my bloopers when I was trying to film a tutorial for my Youtube channel. Don't forget to subscribe if you haven't already. Enjoy.
The this turned out out makes me believe that running out of fabric is actually a good thing.