Another Year another Birthday Suit: Vogue 2937 Review
My birthday was last month, and a fine month it was. To celebrate I attended a nice little Birthday Bash for those of us 40 and up. This was my first time going to something like this with people "my age" in a sense. Funny, that I would refer to these folks as a group...but it is different mingling in groups where the age range is too broad, the conversation topics change from "in real life" to "selfies and FB updates". Although, I think I could have held my own amongst any group.
Oh yeah, this was another one of those, wait until the last minute to see what you will wear moments. I don't know how to do it any other way. Well actually, I do, but I choose to make rush outfits.
- Front was redrawn to create an overlap for more coverage
- Drape Overlay- disregarded because it was too much fabric over the bust
- Front closure- became a center back invisible zipper because of the overlap
- Knit swiss dot lace mesh overlay on the bodice and back
- Sleeves- disregarded all together (mostly because I ran out of time...but it turned out it was better in the long run.)
- Peplum was self-lined as required but finished so all seams were enclosed
Pattern considerations and alterations:
- Lengthened the front by 1"
- created an overlap at the center front of 2" which covered for the FBA
- No true FBA was done as I had planned.
- Took a 3/4" wedge out of back to avoid gapping. (See right pic above..piece #5)The fabric is an Eileen Fisher Ponte knit. The pants grew quite a bit as the night carried on, and became a little baggy compared to the photo I took before the night started below.The movement put a little more pressure on the front closure, which was just a little tacking I used to keep it closed. I had not thought out a solution to keep the front from going all the way to my navel.