Today's pattern review is for V1224, "how to make the pattern adjustments, then "how to use the drawstring puller" for elastic casings.
Here is a quick review of Vogue 1224, a knit dress by Tracy Reese for Vogue.
The dress can be worn off the shoulder, strapless, or regular as on the pattern envelope. Additionally, you can also cut the dress to floor length and have a gorgeous dress for special occasions.
Rayon Jersey (Chain link design.) Originally purchased from Sew Much Fabric in 2015. http://bit.ly/STF-SMFabric
Lining: Rayon jersey
- I added a length of elastic attached to the shoulder seam. It is worn underneath the arm, which holds the dress down to keep it as an "off the shoulder” design.
- I added about four or six inches to the skirt length.
- I also added length to the torso.
- I added a little bit of length to the back
- SKIRT: I overlaid my pattern block on top of their pattern and drew my own
- Darts were added to the back of the skirt to limit gathering, because I don't like a lot of gathering in my back on any skirt
The full details of my pattern fitting process is described in this video.
This is my second version. I am happy with the dress and make plenty more.
Post a Comment